Sunday, February 28, 2016

Re-work

I have attended Doug Purdon's workshop. He is a very knowledgeable and talented guy. I really love the way he teaches us, very organised and interesting! Glad that I was there.

He paints in oil, acrylic and watercolour! Not everyone can manage 3 media at the same time. He did both watercolour and oil painting demos! Amazing! The way to work on watercolour is totally different from the oil's. The workshop is for colour mixing. He explained it step-by-step, did the demonstration. We did the same thing to experience the "double-primary" palette.

I chose a picture I painted before for the exercise and see how it looked after I learnt from this workshop. He has many tricks for different effects.

The figures are bigger. More colours are applied. I feel more confident in painting the reflection and the ripples.


Original photo

No comments: