Sunday, June 19, 2016

En Plein Air Painting Workshop with Jake Mol at Earl Bales Park


I attended Jake's demo on varnishing watercolour painting before and love the way he shares his knowledge and experience with us. This morning, I came again for his plein air workshop held by Toronto Watercolour Society. He picked a nice location where he painted a small white house. We were watching him painting and he told us everything about his painting, as well as answering our questions. The demo was about a little bit more than an hour. Then we started painting ours. I didn't pick the white house as his painting was too impressive to me. I wanted to try something different. So I picked the playground and challenged myself to paint the figures and the scene.

After 2 hours, we gathered again for our lunch and for the critique part. As he said, we should learn from each other as well. He made the points on our paintings. I did learn a lot from his options on everyone's work as well as mine.

No comments: